E. Marlee Mitchell has been selected as a new director of Very first Farmers and Retailers Company.
Mitchell was appointed to the write-up by shareholders voting at its annual meeting together with 10 incumbent directors who were re-elected to the board that oversees To start with Farmers and Merchants Bank.
The group lender serves Middle Tennessee with 22 places of work in seven Middle Tennessee counties.
As of December 31, 2020, Initial Farmers claimed total belongings of $1.8 billion, total shareholders’ fairness of $160 million, and administered trust belongings of $5.9 billion.
Mitchell is a Lover at Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP, Nashville’s oldest regulation business, exactly where she has practiced legislation for extra than 30 a long time. She was inducted as a Nashville Bar Foundation Fellow in 2016 and is a member of the American Bar Association’s Committees on Federal Regulation of Securities, the Tennessee Bar Association’s Company and Small business Legislation Area, and the Securities and Exchange Fee Historic Culture.
“Marlee’s substantial encounter in company legislation and governance and her deep awareness of the money providers industry will be an asset to our Board of Administrators,” claimed T. Randy Stevens, Chairman and CEO. “Her group involvement is fantastic, and we know her know-how will assist to condition the strategic way of our firm.”
A graduate of Management Nashville and a earlier Athena Award nominee, Mitchell presently chairs the Tennessee Condition Parks Conservancy board of administrators and the Pet Community Middle board of administrators. She has also just lately served on the YWCA Domestic Violence Shelter Pet Kennel Committee. Mitchell finished her undergraduate research at Rhodes School and earned her juris doctorate from the University of Tennessee Faculty of Regulation, where she has served as an adjunct professor educating securities regulation.
The nine other incumbent directors who were re-elected are:
- Jeffrey L. Aiken, President of the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation
- Jonathan M. Edwards, President and CEO of the Edwards Oil Business
- Thomas Napier Gordon, Legal professional and Handling Lover of Gordon Brothers Homes
- Jeffrey L Pannell, CEO of Tennessee Farmers Insurance plan Businesses
- Richard C. Perko, President and CEO of Lee Corporation
- Timothy E. Pettus, Vice Chairman of the Company and the Financial institution
- H. Alan Watson, CEO of Maury Regional Wellness
- Brian K. Williams, President of the Firm and the Lender
- Gina B. Wolf, Proprietor/Operator of Wolf Enterprises